It started 100 years ago with a group of girls seeking challenge, fun and adventure.
Today the World Association of Girl Guides and Girl Scouts is the largest organization
for girls and women in the world. There are more than 10 million members in 145
countries. As members of Guides Canada, girls just don't read about life - they
experience it hands on in an atmosphere of fun and friendship that recognizes the
individual needs of each girl. We offer girls 5 - 17 age-appropriate programs based
on principles that:
- develop personal values and well-being, self respect and respect for others
- promote fun, friendship, adventure and challenges through new experiences
- celebrate pride in accomplishment
- develop leadership and decision-making skills
- teach practical skills and teamwork
- give service to the community
- value the natural environment
- develop an appreciation of Canada and its diversity
- foster cultural understanding and knowledge of the global community
Girl Guides of Canada – Guides du Canada enables girls to be confident, resourceful
and courageous, and to make a difference in the world.
Girl Guides of Canada-Guides du Canada, the organization of choice for girls and
women, makes a positive difference in the life of every girl and woman who experiences
Guiding so she can contribute responsibly to her communities.